'A Spirit Guide, A Ghost Tiger, and One Scary Mother!'
by +Owen Jones
The Megan Series is a sequence of short books, novellas, about the psychic development of Megan, a young
teenage girl. In fact, in the first book, she is twelve, but she has her thirteenth birthday in the second
'A Spirit Guide, A Ghost Tiger and One Scary Mother!'
Megan is a girl who has always known that she is different from any adult she has ever known
and most other children at school as well. This is because she has always been able to talk to people and even
animals that other people said that they could not see.
In her very early life, she had often called out her grandfather's name, or 'gramps' anyway, but 'gramps' wife,
who was taking care of her while her mother was at work, thought that she was referring to herself - 'gran'.
However, at that age, five or six, she did not understand the concept of death. She just did not understand why
others could not see him too.
As she got older, Megan, continued to search for answers, but her own mother was her greatest stumbling block.
In fact, in the first edition in the Megan Series, we first meet Megan locked in the coal cellar at home.
She had been locked in there, and not for the first time either, by her own mother for asking questions that she
herself found worrying and confusing. The implication is that her mother, Suzanne, had also had paranormal
experiences, but had learned to keep stumm about them because her own mother had feared the consequences.
However, Megan is made of sterner stuff that either her mother or her mother's mother and she continues in her
quest to find out about her psychic powers. The only problem, if problem it is, though, is that the only people who
will help her with her psychic development are dead.
This does not phase Megan at all though, since she has lived with dead people every day all her life. The 'main
man' in her team of advisors and teachers so far is a Sioux warrior called Wacinhinsha or 'White Feather' in
Wacinhinsha is a very advanced entity, who treats Megan as an equal and teaches her, little by little, how to
develop her supernatural powers. Then there is her gramps, who knows that he is dead, but not a lot more. Finally,
she has a Siberian tiger friend, whose name is Grrr.
At the time of writing this review, there are twenty-one novellas in the Megan Series:
- 'Megan The Misconception' is a dark introduction to Megan's paranormal predicament and
some of her friends and family.
- 'Megan's Thirteenth' - is about Megan's thirteenth birthday party and her friends and
- 'Megan's School Trip' - wherein Megan and her school friends are taken on the annual
- 'Megan's School Exams' - Megan learns to cope with the stress of having to sit her first
- 'Megan's Followers' - Megan is allowed to go on social media by her parents.
- 'Megan and the Lost Cat' - Megan finds a lost cat with the help of a very interesting
person she meets in the woods.
- 'Megan and the Mayoress' - Megan makes friends with the Mayoress, who becomes her
employer and mentor.
- 'Megan Faces Derision' - Megan has certain problems at school which cause bullies to
laugh at her until she finds a solution.
- 'Megan's Grandparents Visit' - Megan meets her father's parents for the first time in
ages and finds she has allies.
- 'Megan's Father Falls Ill' - Megan's father is ill for the first time in her life.
She uses her psychic powers to help him get better.
- 'Megan Goes on Holiday' - Megan enjoys her holiday abroad, but makes a fool of herself
when she returns.
- 'Megan and the Burglar' - Megan finds out who burgled their house but what should she do
- 'Megan and the Cyclist' - Megan and her friend come across an injured man while out
- 'Megan and The Old Lady' - Megan meets an old lady who greatly influences her and
- 'Megan's Garden' - the old lady in the last story inspires Megan to create her own
garden. Megan looks for fairies in it.
- 'Megan Goes to The Zoo' - the family has a day at the zoo. Megan is not sure, except for
the tigers and an elephant
- 'Megan Goes Hiking' - Megan goes with a friend to her grandparents' near St. David's ,
where she tries hiking
- 'Megan and The Cookery Competition' - Megan's mother, Suzanne persuades her to enter a
- 'Megan Goes Riding' - Megan and Jane take riding lessons, but it doesn't go completely
- 'Megan and The Radio One Road Show' - Megan's idea leads to her increased fame and
popularity in Feyton
- 'Megan Goes Yachting' - Megan and Jane are invited on their friend's
yacht, provoking historical images in Megan
- 'Megan at Carnival' - Megan takes part in Feyton's Carnival, but her friends have to
bring her back to Earth
All of these paranormal, supernatural books are available as paperbacks and ebooks from Amazon, please
click the image at the top, or as paperbacks direct from the printers (cheaper) by clicking the links above
If you have an idea for a story you'd like me to write in this series, please send me the title.
They are lovely little books with paranormal overtones that anyone can afford at $2.99 and far better
Here are compilations of the first ten books above at great savings:
Click the books above to buy.
Read another review of these books first: Review of The Megan Series
by +Owen Jones